Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
|Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden|
|Developer||The Bearded Ladies|
Maximum Games (Physical retail)
|Composer||Knut Avenstroup Haugen|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Expansions||Donwloadable Content (DLC)|
It released simultaneously on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on December 4, 2018. It released in retail and for the Nintendo Switch digitally and physically on July 30, 2019. The retail edition is distributed together with Maximum Games.
Description[edit | edit source]
|“||From a team including former designers of HITMAN and PAYDAY comes Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, a tactical adventure game that combines the turn-based combat of XCOM with real-time stealth and exploration of a post-human world reclaimed by nature… and Mutants.
Of course the world ends.
It was just a question of time. Extreme climate change, global economic crisis, a lethal pandemic, and increasing tension between old and new superpowers. For the first time since 1945 nuclear weapons were used in armed conflict. Mushroom clouds rose from east to west before the dust settled.
Now it's over and the Earth is still. Nature has invaded ruined cities. Wind sweeps through empty streets, turned into graveyards.
The humans are all gone. Scavenging through the remains of civilization are the Mutants, deformed humanoids and animals alike, searching for salvation or just something to eat. To survive, you and your companions must venture out to explore the Zone.
Maybe one day you will find the Eden of legends, the ancients' haven in the middle of hell. That's where truth awaits, the stories say. Maybe you will find your answers there.
Then again, maybe it's all bullshit.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Tactical combat: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is the ultimate fix for your tactical strategy addiction. Dive into a deep, turn-based, tactical combat system inspired by the XCOM games.
- Explore a post-human Earth: Journey through a post-human world of abandoned cities, crumbling highways, and overgrown countryside. Check back at the Ark, a neon-bathed oasis of ill repute and questionable characters, to restock your supplies and plan out your next adventure.
- Control a team of mutants: A duck with an attitude problem and a boar with anger issues; these aren't your typical heroes. Get to know Dux, Bormin, Selma, and many other characters each with their own unique personality and deranged perspective on the world and their situation.
- Master the stealthy approach: Sneak through shadows to avoid conflict or to catch enemies unaware. Real-time stealth allows you full control of approach: sneak into an enemy camp, position the team of Mutants to your advantage, and gain the element of surprise.
- Unlock Mutations: Unlock new mutations and abilities for your Mutants, such as Selma's Stoneskin, Bormin's Charge, and Dux' uncanny ability to sneak into a camp full of enemies unnoticed, despite being a 4-foot tall walking, talking duck with a crossbow.
- Dynamic environment: Use the environment to your advantage. Stay out of floodlights, hide from line of sight, or just blast down fully destructible walls and buildings and wreak utter havoc.
- Loot, loot everywhere: From makeshift slingshots to high-powered rifles and top hats to police vests, make sure you equip your Mutants for the dangers ahead. Nothing says post-human quite like a mutated boar in spiked metal armor charging at you with a blunderbuss in his hands.
- Steam Achievements
- Full controller support
- Steam Trading Cards
- Steam Cloud
Free Demo[edit | edit source]
A free demo was made available for PC on February 27, 2019. (PC)
Downloadable Content (DLC)[edit | edit source]
The Downloadable Content (DLC) in Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden.
This is paid content for the game which is exclusive to the DLC. It includes
Seed of Evil[edit | edit source]
Mutant Year Zero: Seed of Evil is a DLC which released for PC, Xbox and Nintendo Switch on July 30, 2019. It released for PlayStation 4 on August 6, 2019.
- A new character, Big Khan
- New enemies:
- New mutation upgrades.
- Revisiting places you have already cleared and rid them of encroaching enemies.
Fan Edition[edit | edit source]
The Fan Edition includes the full game, a desktop wallpaper, the digital soundtrack, artbook and Mutant Year Zero pen-and-paper RPG book (PC)
Deluxe Edition[edit | edit source]
The Deluxe Edition includes the full game and the Seed of Evil DLC. (PC)
System requirements[edit | edit source]
Version history[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is the first game published by Funcom to be launched simultaneously on all platforms.
Upcoming features[edit | edit source]
Awards[edit | edit source]
- Windows Central - Editor's Choice 2018
- RockPaperShotgun - Bestest Best
- TECHPOWERUP Editor's Choice
- Windows Central "Best of GamesCom" (Winner - GamesCom 2018)
- Unreal "Most Engaging Game" (Winner - E3 2018)
- Critical Hit "Best of E3" (Winner - E3 2018)
- Shack News "Best Strategy RPG" (Winner - E3 2018)
Easter Eggs[edit | edit source]
- The game takes place in and around Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Graffiti by "Park Marker" is a reference to Mark Parker, producer of the game.
- The Hall of Electric Coffins description refers to real life arcade games.Seed of Evil DLC
- Blockchain Massacre Challenge.Seed of Evil DLC
Quotes[edit | edit source]
|“||Ever since we started working on this game, we have always felt it would be a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch, the game lends itself really well to the Switch controls and the pacing of the tactical turn-based combat is perfect for an on-the-go, handheld console. We are also excited for the opportunity to tell another Mutant Year Zero Story with the new expansion DLC, and we look forward to talking more about that soon.||„|
|~ Haraldur Thormundsson, CEO of The Bearded Ladies.|
[edit | edit source]